DUE TO RELOCATION
- SPECIALIST RETAIL LOCATION
- SERVING HIGH QUALITY RESIDENTIAL CATCHMENT AREA
- PART OF MAJOR ARTERIAL ROUTE FROM CITY CENTRE
The subject property consists of an attractive double windowed shop arranged over ground and basement floors, forming part of a traditional stone built tenement with residential flats over.
Internally, the property has been fitted to provide attractive offices for an estate agents.
The property is well configured generally of open plan. The space is arranged to provide a public office to front, and a manager’s office to rear.
There is a basement, accessed by an internal staircase. This provides good storage, male and female toilets, plus a small kitchen / tea prep area.
We assess the net lettable areas as follows:
|Gross Frontage||5.03 m||16.6 ft|
|Net Frontage||4.31 m||14.1 ft|
|Ground Floor||47.23 sq m||508 sq ft|
|Basement||15.19 sq m||164 sq ft|
Offers are invited to acquire the existing lease. The lease commenced in March 2015 for 10 years at a passing rent of £14,000 pa. There is provision for a rent review at 14 March 2020.
The lease is of a Full Repairing and Insuring type and a Schedule of Condition is attached.
As an alternative, the Landlord has indicated his willingness to grant a new lease, subject to status, on terms to be agreed.
- Planning We understand that the property benefits from Class 2 (Office) consent. There is a permitted change of use to Class 1 (Retail). We recommend any enquiries with regards to the planning be directed to the City of Edinburgh Planning Department.
- Assessment From the Scottish Assessor’s website we note that the subjects have been assessed as offices, with a rateable value of £13,300. Due to the Small Business Bonus Scheme 100% rates relief could apply to a qualifying tenant.
- 24 hour access
- 3 phase power supply
- Attractive display lighting
- BT & Virgin fibre optic cabling
- Carpet Floor Coverings
- Cat 5E Cabling
- Cat 6 cabling
- Electric Heating
- EPC Rating "D"
- EPC Rating "E"
- EPC Rating "F"
- EPC Rating "G"
- EPC Rating F+
- Flexible Open Plan Layout
- Gas Fired Central Heating
- Hot Food Takeaway
- Modern kitchen
- On site car parking
- Quality Tea Preparation Area
- Quality Toilet Facilities
- Recently refurbished.
- Reception Services
- Secure Yard
- Telephone service
- Unregulated Car Parking Adjacent
- Walk-in cold storage
- Wood Laminate Flooring
- Zero rates payable to qualifying tenant
Bruntsfield Place is a quality trading location lying approximately 1.25 miles to the south of Edinburgh city centre. See location map below. The location serves both passing trade and the large residential areas including Bruntsfield, Marchmont and Tollcross. This parade of shops contains a variety of specialist retailers and service based businesses including Davison’s Kilt Hire, Nordic Outdoor, Drinkmonger, Zen Lifestyle and a charity shop for the Salvation Army. The location is also home to a number of quality restaurants including The Apartment and Thai Lemongrass. In addition a new restaurant for Tom Kitchin, trading as “Southside Scran”, is scheduled to open by the end of 2018.