- HIGH QUALITY RESIDENTIAL AREA
- PROMINENT MAIN ROAD LOCATION
- SUITABLE FOR RETAIL, SHOWROOM & OFFICE USE
The subjects comprise a double windowed ground floor shop, generally of open plan, forming part of a traditional stone built building with residential flats over.
Internally, the property is in very good condition. Previously used for electrical showroom and office, it offers clean quality open plan space.
The property is in excellent walk into condition with modern lighting and electrical heating.
An area to rear offers modern tea prep facilities with a WC apartment off.
We assess the net lettable areas as follows:
|Gross Frontage||5.5 m||(18 ft)|
|Net Frontage||5.28 m||(17.3 ft)|
|Net Lettable Area||57.58 sq m||(620 sq ft)|
The previous use was Class 1 (Retail). We believe that it would be possible to obtain Class 2 (Office) consent, subject to obtaining planning permission. We recommend any enquiries with regards to the planning be directed to the City of Edinburgh Council, Planning Department.
- Energy Performance Certificate The property has an Energy Performance Rating of "G".
- Lease The property is available on a Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a minimum period of 5 years.
- Assessment From the Scottish Assessor’s website we note that the subjects have a rateable value of £11,300. Due to the Small Business Bonus Scheme zero rates could be applicable to a qualifying tenant.
- Rent Offers in excess of £12,000 pa are sought.
- Price Offers over £175,000 are sought.
- 24 hour access
- 3 phase power supply
- Attractive display lighting
- BT & Virgin fibre optic cabling
- Carpet Floor Coverings
- Cat 5E Cabling
- Cat 6 cabling
- Electric Heating
- EPC Rating "D"
- EPC Rating "E"
- EPC Rating "F"
- EPC Rating "G"
- EPC Rating F+
- Flexible Open Plan Layout
- Gas Fired Central Heating
- Hot Food Takeaway
- Modern kitchen
- On site car parking
- Quality Tea Preparation Area
- Quality Toilet Facilities
- Recently refurbished.
- Reception Services
- Secure Yard
- Telephone service
- Unregulated Car Parking Adjacent
- Walk-in cold storage
- Wood Laminate Flooring
- Zero rates payable to qualifying tenant
Strathearn Road is situated within the Marchmont area of the city, approximately 1.5 miles to the south of the city centre. Marchmont is an affluent residential area comprising both high quality residential flats and detached properties. The area is also very popular with students, as the subjects lie in close proximity to Edinburgh University’s campus. The subjects are situated close to the junction of Strathearn Road and Marchmont Road in a prominent location. Trader’s within the vicinity include Scotmid, Sainsbury’s Local, Save the Children and a wide range of specialist retailers and service based businesses.
Links Commercial Property Consultants
16 Forth Street
T: 0131 550 3779
M: 07765 843 279